Ms wan wan (sri wahyuni bok)
arad rad rts
Our principal commonly known as Ms wan wan, has contributed to Dance Space for a solid 10 years. Ms wan wan, started dancing at very young age of 3, at Royal Ballet Centre, Indonesia. She has obtained good and reliable training throughout her dancing years and has great experience and exposure. She participated in various dance productions in her former ballet school. For example: Swan Lake, Four Seasons and many more. One of the highlighted moments during her time in Indonesia was being interviewed by Analisa News, at the age of 18, due to her outstanding performances in the dance industry. Other than that, was receiving “The Most Outstanding Student” award in “Dance and Beyond III” in year 2003.
After completing her RAD Advanced 2, Ms wan wan decided to further improve herself beyond her roots. In year 2009, she took a bold decision to move to Malaysia to grow and contribute to the ballet industry in Malaysia. Within a year, she successfully obtained her Certificate of Ballet Teaching Studies (CBTS) from Royal Academy of Dance (RAD). Despite teaching, Ms wan wan also participated in various production to enhance her dance techniques and stage experience. In 2010, she danced as First Soloist for the challenging role of “The Wicked Step Sister” in Cinderella, Paquita and many more.
Ms wan wan has a solid 22 years of teaching experience. She started as a branch owner for her former school, Royal Ballet Centre, which has a rich history of 39 years and has successfully branched out to 8 branches all around Indonesia. To date, she is the principal of Dance Space Academy, managing 4 branches with a total of over 1000 students.
Her achievement in teaching can be highly seen through her students’ achievement in past competitions and productions. Highlighted achievements:
- Coached all lead dancer of all major productions of Dance Space Academy.
- 2nd place in Dance Prix Indonesia (2016) - The Dance Society of Malaysia Ballet Competition, multiple top 3 placings in all category from year 2011 to 2019
- 4th place in Asian Grand Prix, Singapore Regionals, 2018 - Receiving plenty of prestigious scholarships by re-known dance schools, in Asian Grand Prix
- 1st place in Star of Canaan International Ballet Competition 2018
- Coached the 1st invited Malaysian representative in Youth America Grand Prix (YAGP), New York Finals, 2019
Her passion in dance made her a very motivated and experienced ballet instructor. Her non-stop learning and self-improvement attitude is also one of her shining qualities.